Total Pageviews

Friday, May 6, 2011

Warning - If you're a waitress anywhere - never wait on us!!!

Haven't mentioned this before, but Joe and I are poker players and if not poker, then we amuse ourselves with slots.  :)  Heathens?  Oh probably!

When Joe was finally released from the hospital and they put a 2 hour away leash on us we explored and found a little town in Nevada that's only an hour and twenty minutes away.  Leave it to us.  

April 7, 2011:  We stopped at a Denny's  in Toole, UT  for breakfast on our way for a respite in West Wendover, NV.  For those of you who know my husband this won't be a new circumstance, and for those of you who are lucky enough to call him Dad you will love this chapter.  

Our waitress complained the whole time about her job, hours, boyfriend, etc.  What is it about us that makes strangers talk?  Joe had been bantering with her through our whole meal, she was giving as much as he gave - typical smart as* stuff...then he played his ace in the hole......

He said, "You know I could drop dead right here, right now."  She starts to comeback, but had no idea she was up against "The Master".  He said, "No, I'm serious.  You see this (as he shows her his bag that holds the batteries to his LVAD".  (I'm thinking "I am so, so sorry") She looks, and he says, "It's my artificial heart".  She looks at me with great big eyes and serious face and says "Is that true?"  I said just one word, "Yep".  I believe we both had to pick her up off the floor, and we were very lucky she didn't pee her pants.

Joe seems to have no fear of female incontinence - Lucky for him, because I was laughing so hard I thought I might pee too!

You just gotta love him.

1 comment:

  1. heehee... i got a laugh out of that one! it's amazing the "shock value" when you tell people what the LVAD really is.... some lady at the movie theater asked kevin if his LVAD was "one of them there ab workout things." we looked at each other, laughed, then he replied with "no it pumps the blood through my body." like your waitress, we had to pick her up off the floor. LOL at least we're all laughing, right?

    ReplyDelete